Why you need a Moist heat pad.
- It will deliver sauna type heat directly to the sore muscles.
- Maintains heat longer
- Treats pain effectively by directing a stream of heat towards the place that hurts. It’s a pleasant muscle relaxation that will make the pain go away.
- Variety of heat settings
- Soft and easy to conform to your body. After years of using a moist heating pad, I have discovered there is not any better type of heat for Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis. The moist heat penetrates quickly, effectively releasing the ache, pain, tension of your muscles and joints.
Listed by brand name, price along with pros and cons. I hope this information will help you with your decision. All of these were found on Amazon.com.
- Geniani XL Pad Moist/Dry Price $ 24.96 Pros: Soft flexible fabric, Heats fast, 3 temp. settings, easy to maneuver around the body, great customer service. Cons: Maybe too hot for some people, Some had control issues, cannot lay on it. 209 reviews. 48 con reviews.
- Pure Relief XL Price: $34.99 Pros: Full body relief, 6 heat settings, LCD controller, 2hr auto shut off, storage bag, 9 ft cord. 5-year warranty. Cons: Very hot, the controller can get hot. Reviews: 4,332 con: 731
- Sable XXX large: Price: $31.99 Pros: Is FOA approved, Auto-off after 2 hrs, Timer 10 – 90 min., Removable cable for washing, Reheats when temp cools, Registered as Class 2 Medical Device. Cons: Problems with not working, Not hot enough, Uses a moist towel, control melted. Reviews: 269, cons; 57.
- Sunbeam Renue XL Price $43.18 Pros: Extra-large heat therapy wrap, Digital LED controller allows you to choose from 4 heat levels, fully machine washable. Cons: Strong Oder, Heat didn’t last long, Not wide enough. Reviews: 1,310 Con: 310.
- Proallern King size Price: $39.99 Pros: Large size, Soft fabric, Fast heating, 2 hr. auto shut off, 10 ft. cord. Cons: Heat coils to short, Not hot enough. Reviews:149 cons:14
What about using a heated mattress cover? Electric blanket? or a heated throw? These are good alternatives to the heating pad. Just remember you should never wrap these around your body.
The nice thing about these two options is that the can be purchased with dual controls.
Heat Mattress Pads
Why not take a look at these? Some are machine washable, have removable covers and more!
- This soft Sunbeam Quilted Heated Mattress Pad features dual side controllers, each with 10 heat settings
- The ComfortTec Controllers give you control over heat levels, while dual-sided ThermoFine technology assures heat consistency by auto-adjusting throughout the night, and the auto-off function allows for peace of mind
- Made of 100% polyester, this soft quilted mattress pad is machine washable and dryer safe
- 5-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: Blanket is durable for years of use
- Micro Flannel® Provides warmth without weight or bulk, ultra-thin soft wire technology for an even all over gentle warmth; Thread Count: 200
- Easy Care/machine washable; dries quickly for a shorter dryer cycle. Anti Pill, resists wrinkling, does not shrink/will always fit the bed
- Deep Pockets that fit your bed like a glove; fully covered elastic all the way around the fitted sheet for a great fit, with generous pocket depth and oversized flat sheets for that greater comfort
- 8 secure personalized heat settings with a 10-hour auto shut-off, ETL Tested, 5-year warranty
- Holmes, America’s #1 Heated Mattress Pad!
- Turn down your thermostat and still relax in warmth and comfort
- LC12 Control with 5 Personalized Heat Settings, 10-hour Auto-Off
- Premium Softness, 100% Cotton, Fits Mattresses up to 21 inches deep
- 5 Year Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty
- Sunbeam Velvet Plush HEATED BLANKET KING Size Champagne Blonde (20 Personalized heat Settings)
- Size: KING (100 X 90″) (254 cm X 228 cm)
- 20 Personalized Settings, Selectable Auto-Off
- Preheat Feature, Dual Controller, 10-hour Auto Off
- Premium soft Velvet Plush, 5-year Limited Warranty. Can save up to $131 Electric Bill on 25-week use per year)
- ComfortTec Controller with digital display and push-button controls
- Pre-heat feature warms cold sheets before bedtime
- 10 settings and 10-hour auto-off function
- Senses and adjusts to deliver consistent warmth
- 100-Percent Polyester micro plush
- The queen and king sizes have 2 controllers; controller appearance may vary
- 100% Polyester
- Luxuriously soft and warm with innovative 7 layers of quilted micro flannel comfort
- Micro flannel does not pill or shrink and is machine wash and dry
- patent pending micro flannel adds warmth and comfort with oversize dimensions and soft wire heating technology throughout
- 8 secure settings with 10-hour auto shut off feature add security, convenience, and energy savings
- 16-foot electrical cords for added ease of use and ETL tested and certified with 5-year warranty
This is my personal favorite. I keep one in our basement during the winter for watching TV. My family do not like the fact that I do not share it!
- Microfleece throw reversing soft Sherpa with 5 heat settings
- 50 inches x 60 inches
- ETL listed for safety
- 3 year Warranty and machine washable
- 8.5 foot power cord
- FEATURES – Ultra comfort and stylish, heated throw with Ogee embossed pattern, comes with a 3-setting heat controller
- PERFECT SIZE – 50″ x 60″
- SAFETY – auto shut-off function after 2 hours with UL/ETL certified safety standard.
- EASY CARE – Machine wash cold on gentle cycle, tumble dry on low heat, wash alone, do not bleach, do not iron.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – 5 years product warranty or 30-day free return.
- PrimeStyle lighted controller with 3 warming settings and 3 Hour Auto Off function
- Senses and adjusts to deliver consistent warmth
- 100-Percent polyester microplush fabric
- Machine washable and dryer safe
- Controller May Vary
What is your Favorite?
Do you have a favorite pad or blanket that helps with your pain? Let us know! I am always looking for new and better treatments for those of us who suffer from chronic pain.
Please let me know how this review helped you with your decision to try these. Sign up for email updates and useful information.